Janice Sherman, LIMHP, RPT
- Child Parent Psychotherapy, 2016 Trained by Jennie Cole-Mossman, Paula Ray, Dr Barb Jessing and Dr Mark Hald. Training offered by the Nebraska Child Parent Psychotherapy Learning Collaborative. Child Parent Psychotherapy promotes and strengthens a close, safe and nurturing relationship between a parent and their caregiver age 5 or under.
- EMDR Basic Training Parts 1 & 2 with Consultation, 2015. Trained by EMDRIA Approved Consultant and Trainer: DaLene Forester Thacker, PhD, LMFT, LPCC Director of Advanced Education Institute in Redding, California. EMDR is a therapeutic modality used in treating clients with trauma and PTSD.
EMDR has been designated as an effective treatment by the American Psychiatric Association, the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and more.
- Heartland Juvenile Services Association Conference, 2015. Trainings that I attended during this conference include: “Big Problem, Tragic Results Over, Under & Misdiagnosis: What You Can Do To Help,” “Current Drug Trends,” “At-Risk and Justice Involved youth with Mental Health Disorders,” “Revolution Peer Education Group Center for Survivors” and “The Teen Brain: Understanding and Managing Teens.”
- Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT) Training, 2014, Dr Bruce Perry with the Child Trauma Academy. NMT is a developmentally sensitive, neurobiology-informed approach to clinical problem solving. It integrates core principles of neurodevelopment and traumatology to work with children, families and the communities in which they live.
- Practice-Based Intensive Dialectical behavior Therapy Training- Make DBT Work in Your Setting with Your Client’s” Lane Pederson, Psy.D. LP, DBTC, 2014. Using DBT to help clients to achieve mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance and interpersonal effectiveness, Currently working towards a certification in DBT.
- “Working with Youth: Evidence-Based and Strength-Centered Approaches-Treatment for Adolescent Substance Abuse, Delinquency and Criminal Conduct,” Harvey Milkman, PhD, 2014. Central Nebraska Council on Alcohol and Addictions conference. Topics included understanding adolescent development and the pathways to drug abuse and juvenile crime; utilizing techniques to address trauma and mental health issues in the context of treatment; gang affiliations and developing support networks for community re-entry.
- “Play Therapy for Disruptive Behavior Disorders, “ Scott Riviere, MS, LPC, RPT-S. 2014 Kansas Play Therapy Conference.
- The Comprehensive Adolescent Severity Inventory training (CASI), 2013. Assessment that determines the level of care and placement for youth in the probation system.
- School Suicide Prevention Accreditation training, 2013, from the American Association of Suicidology is designed to increase competence and confidence, in order to prevent suicides and suicidal behaviors among the school community and how to effectively intervene incase of s suicidal crisis in the school.
- “Nebraska Conference: Trauma Across The Lifespan,” 2013. Conference agenda included, “Trauma, Hope and Resiliency,” by Sharon Wise and “The Impact of Trauma and Neglect on the Developing Child,” Dr Bruce Perry, Senior Fellow, Child Trauma Academy.
- Parent-Child Relationship Therapy training at Wichita State University under the instruction of Dr. Rick Gaskill, 2013. Increasing attunement between parent and child to improve the relationship between parent and child.
- “Story play: Healing Metaphors to Re-awaken the Resilient Child Within,” by Dr. Joyce Mills, PhD, LLC. Kansas Play Therapy conference 2013.
- "Childhood, Interrupted: Abuse-Informed Play Therapy for Sexually Abused Children & Adolescents”, with guest speaker Suanne Kenny-Noziska, MSW LISW RPT-S. Kansas Play Therapy conference in 2012.
- Relational Sand tray Applications through the Family Play Therapy Center in Philadelphia, under the instruction of Dottie Higgins-Klein, 2013.
- Nebraska Friends of Foster Parents conference in July 2010. Sessions included Attachment Disorder, Suicide Prevention and Legislation changes.
- Christian Heritage Foster Care training, including Behavioral Issues with •the Foster Care System, 2010.